If you Ctrl+Click on the little box that shows what is on the layer, it will create a selection the same shape as everything on that layer. This works in Photoshop, too.
I don’t know how I lived life before knowing this.
fuck i didn;t know this
Recommended reading for animation students and enthusiasts.
I’m quite often asked about how to get started with animation. I don’t feel that I’m successful enough yet to really give out valuable advice, but I can recommend some books.
I deliberately left out “The Art of…” books because they entirely depend on which movies you like the look of. So I stuck with more practical ones.
I have to vouch heavily for “Character Animation Crash Course”. It’s best when used as a companion to Richard Williams’ book.
Reblogging for later
‘Kiss Scene rough sketches - Drawing for Boys Love (Yaoi)' A 103 page book/CD rom with male/male kissing scenes, from many different angles, for artist drawing references.
Other art references like this can be found here:
A mouth-watering fuck-ton of hand references.
[From various sources]
A coolio fuck-ton of female arm angle references.
Credit goes to melsrefs (on tumblr). You should flood Mel’s inbox with fanmail so s/he’ll make more of these epic references.
A generous fuck-ton of muscular male abdomen references.
* As always with large images, you gotta reverse-image search ‘em to find the larger size. Sorry about that. It’s the most helpful reference you will find on abs, so far, so I encourage you to search it.
The reason why some people have issues with abs is because, most of the time, the person who’s ripped has 0% fat on ‘em, so it looks ridiculously artificial. You gotta contrast the muscle in a very precise and concise way, and it can look fake, depending on the lighting and corporeal structure of the circumstance. And I say that cautiously, as by “fake” I don’t mean they look disproportionate; it just sometimes doesn’t look like how skin and muscle should appear. (And I know there are some repeated images in this post, but since it’s about something specific, I thought it’d be helpful to have ‘em conglomerated in one place.)
[From various sources]
fifth image source (the gif)
:D Yay!! I managed to grab all the sources!
I’d love some abs on females references too!!!
A glorious fuck-ton of perspective angle references (per request).
[From various sources.]
- Perspectives Tutorial by DerSketchie
- TUTO - male reference pose by the-evil-legacy
- tuto - women ref poses by the-evil-legacy
- Foreshortening Practice by Bambs79
- How to Draw Manga vol. IV - Dressing You Characters in Casual Wear
- HUMAN PROPORTION: SIMPLIFYING THE FIGURE USING GEOMETRIC FORM AND GESTURE by The Helpful Art Teacher
- Basic comic interpretation - different camera angle by diaemyung
- Foreshortening tips by scruffyronin
There’s zero way I’m not reblogging this
- jfashion magazines!!! (helps out with outfits/people)
- paint online!!
- some paint tool sai brushes!!
- mypaint (its free and its kinda like photoshop its really cool!)
- firealpca (its free and its pretty much a mix between sai and photoshop!!)
- photoshop (for free! and other stuff)
- more textures
- more brushes
- bonus: a kawaii photo editor